Thursday, June 21, 2012

Update

Six days after my last post??? Not good!  I vowed to be more active with my blogging. And here I am again-- another late post. To say that I’ve been busy is not a valid excuse, especially if I want to revive this blog.

Anyhow, I want to share with you some after show news updates and videos of the recent CIMES 2012, which ended Saturday, June 16, 2012.  Please note that most of the videos are in Chinese but our editor in China has managed to put some brief translations for you.

For those of you who are into laser cutting technology, here is an article titled “QuickGuide to Laser Technology,” that might be of interest to you. Here’s a brief synopsis of the article.  You can find the article in our website. I will be happy to provide you the link.



QuickGuide to Laser Technology

A laser manufacturer has to master the entire technological spectrum to be able to provide his customers with the right and thus the most economical laser for every application. The demands placed on production facilities are as diverse as the areas of application in industrial materials processing. The processing result not only depends on the type of laser used, but also on the systems technology, as well as influences arising from the process itself. This means that a large number of different factors need to be taken into account when choosing the right laser. With the capacity to cut stainless steel, aluminium and carbon steel, lasers are extremely useful in structural applications where the volume and precision of the metal required for production is critical.” Read Full Story.

Everyone’s preparing for IMTS 2012. I will write more information about the show on my next post. So be sure to watch for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Metalworking thoughts in mind?